10 Engraving Ideas for Your Wedding Rings
25 Oct 2014
Just the other day one of our lovely customers called in a slight panic after realising that he had not organised engraving for the rings we are currently making. The next question was; ‘is engraving a must?’ The answer to this is simply that there are no rules. Not everybody has their wedding rings engraved with a sentiment of love. Some people find it hard to think of the perfect message to have engraved and the pressure can become overwhelming.
Your wedding ring is to be worn forever and represents the commitment and love you have for each other. Including a secret, engraved message is one of the ultimate ways to personalise your rings.
If you are unsure what it is that you want engraved we suggest taking some time to think about it. Brainstorm some ideas and remember that this is something that can be done at any time. If you are pushed for time leading up to the big day a beautiful idea is to secretly have your rings engraved on your first anniversary or another special occasion.
For those that are in the brainstorming stage we have come up with a list of our top 10 suggestions:
1. Your partner’s, yours or both of your initials
2. The Bride or Groom’s name
3. Your nicknames
4. A secret romantic message of your eternal love
5. A religious verse, a spiritual sentiment or literature quote
6. Your partner’s fingerprints engraved into the inside or the outside of a ring
7. A humorous joke or quote
8. The simple and traditional “I love you”
9. A message of love in another language
10. A pledge of your commitment
Once you have decided what message you will have engraved you will need to decide on the font, script size and if you want it engraved in upper case, lower case or both!