10 Hints to Make Sure He Picks the RIGHT Ring!
16 May 2015
Time might be nearing closer to that day when your partner asks for your hand in marriage and if you have that sneaking suspicion that he is up to something or your gut says it won’t be long until he’ll be looking for that perfect ring, now is the time to start dropping those hints!
Not all men opt for the surprise proposal, but many do stick to the tradition and venture out on their own to find that perfect ring. If you have your mind made up on the style of ring, to avoid any disappointment it is a great idea to subtly guide him in the right direction.
To make sure he makes the right choice here are our top 10 hints:
1. If you are looking for a full proof way of making sure he selects the ring then do the homework yourself to begin with. Visit jewellers and find the one that you feel comfortable with, select the design you love and then leave the business card, name of the jeweller for him to visit.
2. For a not so subtle hints email him images of the rings you love
3. Casually leave magazines at home opened to the page with the ring you love
4. Make your screen saver an image of the engagement ring you want
5. Enlist the help of either your Mum, Sister or closest girlfriend to take responsibility to guide him in the right direction when the time comes.
6. Make the most of social media and instagram the ring you love, create a Pinterest board dedicated to engagement rings and share it with him.
7. For the perfect fit find out your finger size and leave him a note with an image of the ring and the finger size.
8. If you are not a diamond girl and have your heart set on a coloured gemstone make sure he knows this. Most guys will opt for a diamond as it is usually considered the safer option.
9. If you don’t have an exact style in mind, leave your jewellery around so that he can get an idea of your style, the colour metal you like and your finger size.
10. Celebrity rings offer great inspiration so if there is ring you love that adorns the hand of a celebrity let your partner know just how much you LOVE it.