5 Tips on how to personalise your jewellery!
27 Oct 2013
Whether it is an engagement ring or a wedding ring these precious pieces of jewellery are yours to treasure forever. These rings are likely to be the most sentimental items you will ever own. When searching for the perfect engagement or wedding ring, we look for something that represents our self and loved one, something that you will cherish forever. You may choose to design a ring that is completely unique or you may fall in love with a classic solitaire; whatever you decide there are ways in which you can personalise your ring so that in 10, 20 or 50 years you will look at your rings and remember the love story held within.
1. One of the most beautiful ways to personalise your own jewellery is to have it custom designed and made by hand. From the initial concept stages to final design, selecting your diamond or gemstone and right through to viewing your ring at different stages of manufacture, you are able to become an integral part of the process. The input you have along the way will have truly helped bring your dream ring to life.
2. A short sentence expressing your love or your names and date of marriage can be engraved into the inside of your ring. This is like a secret message that will stay with you and your partner forever.
3. An alternative to having words engraved is to have your finger prints engraved onto your wedding rings. At Larsen Jewellery we can take your actual finger print and have it hand engraved onto your partners ring.
4. Add some colour by incorporating your favourite coloured gemstone or including your birthstone into your rings. You might choose to set a coloured gemstone as your centre stone. If your heart is set on a central diamond smaller coloured gemstones can be set around it or they can be set subtly into the inside of your ring.
5. Perhaps the ultimate way of personalising your wedding rings is to actually make them yourself! At Larsen Jewellery, we offer the unique experience of making each other’s wedding rings under the guidance of one of our expert jewellers. It is a lot easier than you think and we guarantee that after only 4 – 5 hours you will walk out with rings just as perfect as if we had made them ourselves!