Keeping Your Engagement Ring Budget On Track!
June 27, 2015
1. Setting a budget. This is the most important part and if you are wary of blowing the budget then take the time to work out a realistic budget.
2. Research. It can be hard to know how much you should spend without knowing how much an engagement ring should cost. Before setting your budget do a bit of research, if you feel comfortable ask your friends how much they spent, research prices of local jewellers online and if you plan to have a ring custom made request from a jeweller you intend to visit to email you their diamond pricelist to give you an idea of approximate prices.
3. Comparing apples with apples. When looking at engagement rings online it is important to make sure you are comparing “apples with apples”. If an engagement ring or diamond sounds too good to be true, then chances are it is.
4. Reveal your budget. It is completely up to you if you wish to reveal your budget when visiting jewellers at the initial stages. But keep in mind that by revealing your budget, or an approximate figure, it means that your jeweller can help you to design and find beautiful a diamonds or gemstones within your budget.
5. Avoid temptation. If offered to view a slightly larger or more expensive stone then kindly resist. Diamonds are beautiful and their dazzling brilliance is hard to say no too!
6. Look at Alternatives. If you have your heart set on a large centre stone but cannot afford the price tag of a diamond perhaps consider coloured gemstones for the centre stone.