- Our commitment to your privacy
II. At Larsen Wedding Rings Pty Ltd, we are fully committed to respecting the privacy of our customers, business partners, contractors, suppliers and employees.
III. This policy describes how we will comply with the obligations contained in the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
- What personal information do we collect and hold?
II. We may collect the following types of personal information:
(2) mailing, email or street address;
(3) telephone number;
(4) age or birth date;
(5) details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
(6) any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or your online presence;
(7) information you provide to us at our stores, via customer surveys or in telephone conversations with us from time to time.
III. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
- How do we collect your personal information?
I. We will collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect that information in various ways, including when you:
(1) access or use our website;
(2) speak with one of our employees, either in a store or by telephone;
(3) complete an enquiry form online or in store;
(4) order products from us;
(5) contact us for information;
(6) require a refund or exchange;
(7) participate in surveys or promotions;
(8) submit a job application or accept employment with us.
II. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
(1) we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
(2) we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
(3) we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
- Using personal information
I. We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide quality customer service.
II. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
(1) to complete sales transactions;
(2) to deal with queries or customer service issues. We may also keep information on your communications with our team through our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System;
(3) to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events and promotions that we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels;
(4) to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors;
(5) for the administrative, marketing, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of Larsen Wedding Ring Pty Ltd;
(6) for training, employment or employment application purposes;
(7) to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
(8) to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority.
III. We may send you marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us, or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
- Disclosing personal information
I. We only send or disclose your personal information to third party organisations when:
(1) we have your consent to share your information;
(2) we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
(3) we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
II. We may disclose your personal information to our employees or contractors for the purposes of operating our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you. Examples of the third party service providers that we disclose your personal information to include, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, and professional advisors such as accountants and solicitors.
- Our website
III. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather demographic information.
IV. As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
V. Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
- Data quality
I. Larsen Wedding Rings Pty Ltd will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Data security
I. Larsen Wedding Rings Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring the security of personal information and will take reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
II. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or where we are no longer required by law to retain it (whichever is the later).
- Access and correction
I. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see contact details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you).
II. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
III. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
I. If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
II. We will treat your complaint confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
- Policy changes
Larsen Jewellery Head Office
Level 3, Suite 303, The Strand Arcade
412 – 414 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 02 9231 6004